Thursday, January 15, 2009

The "Free Shipping" Decision

Well, today I have decided to make both of my shops as "free shipping" shops (as I write this, one is changed and one is not). I took a lot of thought with this, and quizzed my seller-pals on Twitter... We thought together as sellers and consumers. Times are just tough--for BOTH sellers and consumers. So I decided, even though I didn't raise my prices to try to eat some of the shipping costs, to just offer free shipping. If people decide to buy when they wouldn't have--sometimes those extra $2 are the tipping point--it is win-win for both of us, isn't it?

I know I am going to keep making stuff even if no one buys it, so I thought I would try to make it easier on both of us. ;-) We'll see if I make more sales or not, I don't know if it will make a difference.

Thanks to my Twitter pals for discussing the issue with me! Sheltie19 and SuperTeeTee!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Any time! Hope it works.