Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Paper Tip for Novices (ME!)

Well, I realized that I can't discuss my shrink plastic projects since a grandma might be reading this.... another time! :-) It worked ok. Perhaps the best part was shrinking them with the heat gun!! They writhed and twisted then shrunk and became flat. The kids really enjoyed that! :-)

What I did work on last night was finishing up the Thank You cards that my friend and I stamped. We felt they needed a ribbon or something. I said, "Hey, you scrapbookers use staples, don't you??" She said she would paint regular staples (be sure to get the sides, too, she told me). Then just use the regular stapler and viola! I think they turned out pretty well--of course they are NOTHING compared to what real Paper Talentinas come up with!! I am a mere paper pauper, my talents lie elsewhere!


Although my "Black Friday through Cyber Monday" sales have been modest, I have gotten some interest. I will be shipping some ball chain to Australia!! It is only my second international order. I shipped to Sweden once before. That is one of the things I really love about Etsy--you get to meet people from all over the world! And we all sure have a lot in common!

No comments: