Monday, December 1, 2008

Cyber Monday

Well, we only got 3" instead of the 9" of snow predicted. But it was a strange snowfall--areas that are perhaps only a 45-minute drive away received 10"!!!! (better them than me--oops, that was ungracious!)
Last night we got our Christmas tree up. It was nice because, at age four, my girlie seemed to have a clear memory of Christmas last year for the first time. She was so excited, and it brought back some childhood memories of being excited as well (instead of seeming a touch bit like a chore, getting all of the decorations out, etc etc). My son was quite happy, too, but she took the cake with her enthusiasm.
Many of the ornaments we put up were made by my son, nieces and nephews--she kept saying, "Did I make this?" I think it will be a big year for her to make some ornaments. That is good, there are so many kinds of ornaments to make, and making them as gifts will give her a feel for the giving part of the season.

Speaking of ornaments, I put up some breakable ones that I didn't quite dare in previous years. My mother-in-law split up some of the childhood ornaments a few years ago. I thought you would get a kick out of these. They must be between 20 and 30 years old! What a treasure! Besides, they crack me up! One is crazy clown, and the other must be an alien in a UFO!

Well, today is my first Cyber Monday as someone with an internet shop! Also the last day of my big etsy sale and free shipping offer. We will see how things go!


No comments: