Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Sad Clown


Not one day after I hung up those cute vintage ornaments passed on from my mother-in-law, my daughter handed me the clown, fallen and broken. I don't think she was the culprit--more a gravity thing!! I felt so terrible about it. So I am trying to decide--do I take down the other one, wrap it in bubble wrap and put it in a box? Or do we leave it on the tree and enjoy it--risking its demise at any moment?


Certainly a question that could go far beyond an ornament, couldn't it? We could consider how we live our lives--protecting ourselves, or taking chances?

I'll leave you to your thoughts on that one, and I will think on it, too--I have a project to work on that will leave me with my thoughts. Unfortunately, it is not a craft project--it is one I don't particularly enjoy. I need to get to work on painting some walls. I will be glad when it is done, though! And I filled some holes myself! I learned something new, and that is a good thing. Husband showed me one, and I rather enjoyed it. So it is time to sand them smooth, and hopefully get some paint on the wall before it is time to pick Girlie up from school!
A Happy Wednesday to all of you!!

No comments: