Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Putting One Foot in Front of the Other

Well, even though it is 14 degrees this morning, I ventured to walk to the post office. It is about five blocks one way--and I realize that walking through ice and snow makes your legs feel like you just ran a marathon in sand. BUT it was quite beautiful, with no wind, so the cold did not get to me, and I was able to enjoy the pretty part of winter.

I know those of you that know me probably just fell off of your chair--but it is true! I am trying to take the "bad" with the good and appreciate the whole experience.

Well, sometimes.

I am probably just so glad that I don't have to drive in a blizzard like yesterday!

Now that that trip is done, how should I spend my two hours (less now) with Girlie at school? I have many projects to work on. As a matter of fact, I am going to swallow my pride and show the horror that are my work tables (trust me, the other one is even worse!)... how can I get anything accomplished?! Well, my ideas and need for clean up surpass my time to actually do them!


One thing I need to finish are these sports pendants I made from resin for my craft fair on Saturday. They are pretty simple, but I thought they might appeal to girls in sports... now they need to be sanded several times and drilled. I like drilling, but sanding isn't my favorite... so maybe I should do that first!
So, instead of just thinking about what to do next, much like my trip to the post office, I will just get started--which can be difficult for me! Just put one foot in front of the other.... :-)

No comments: